Welcome to the Housing Commission of Anne Arundel County…
We are located in central Maryland just south of Baltimore and east of Washington, DC on the banks of the beautiful Chesapeake Bay! The Commission is dedicated to strengthening communities and improving the lives of Anne Arundel County citizens focusing on the ownership, management, sustainability and preservation of affordable housing.
Established in 1968, the Housing Commission continues over 45 years of affordable housing and related services to low and moderate income citizens of Anne Arundel County. The agency currently provides assistance to nearly 3,000 families throughout the county in effort to fulfill our mission to provide quality housing choices and affordable communities.
***SPECIAL NOTICE TO OWNERS AND LANDLORDS REGARDING VOUCHER RENT PAYMENTS – 2016 – CLICK HERE***
WELCOME TO 2016!
The Housing Commission is excited to embark on several major changes in 2016 and beyond, including the initial phase of conversion of Meade and Freetown Villages from public housing to a public/private voucher based community. Also, we have received the incredible news that Burwood Gardens final phase has been funded and it will be demolished and the new community of Heritage Overlook will be constructed in 2017.
HOURS OF OPERATION:
ELIGIBILITY, PROPERTY MANAGEMENT, ADMINISTRATION:
Monday – Friday, 8 AM – 4:30 PM
HOUSING CHOICE VOUCHER OFFICES:
Monday,Tuesday,Thursday and Friday; 8 AM – 1 PM & 2 PM – 4:30 PM
Closed on Wednesday
Main Contact Phone Number – 410-222-6200
Please note that all offices will be CLOSED on the following dates:
Monday, January 18, 2016 – * – Monday, February 15, 2016 – * – Monday, May 30, 2016 – * – Monday, July 4, 2016
Monday, September 5, 2016 – * – Friday, November 11, 2106 – * – Thursday and Friday, November 24 and 25th, 2016 – * – Monday through Friday, December 26-30, 2016
- LANDLORD SYMPOSIUM Thursday, March 16th, from 9AM to 11AM. Heritage Crest : 6670 Roberts Court : Glen Burnie, MD 21061
- THE BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS WILL NEXT MEET ON THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 18, 2016 AT 8:30 AM ET.THIS MEETING WILL BE HELD AT 7477 BALTIMORE-ANNAPOLIS BLVD, 3RD FLOOR, GLEN BURNIE, MD 20161.
- ANNUAL UPDATE OF THE AGENCY PLAN BEGINS IN DECEMBER!!- Annually, the Housing Commission must update its goals, policies and procedures to remain compliant with the changing environment. The plan encourages input from all stakeholders to include establishing the mission, vision, goals and services of the agency; as well as oversight of the health and well-being of the programs and services. Stay tuned for more updates as the draft plan is issued!
- IMPORTANT NEWS!!
->HOUSING COMMISSION AWARDED 15 VETERANS AFFAIRS SUPPORTIVE HOUSING (VASH) VOUCHERS BY HUD! This program is now in operation, referrals are made to HCAAC by the Veterans Affairs Office.
->EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2014 THE HOUSING CHOICE VOUCHER WAITING LIST CLOSED – NO NEW APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED THEREAFTER!!.
- The Board of Commissioners in December 2013 approved the submission of applications to convert the public housing communities to a more feasible affordable housing scenario, possibly using Low Income Housing Tax Credits, Private Financing and Project Based Rental Assistance. HUD has received the applications from HCAAC and we have received conditional approvals for Meade Village and Freetown Village. Official correspondence regarding all of the public housing communities is expected in February or March of 2015. The agency has tentatively planned to do substantial rehabilitation of the communities and will likely see project based rental assistance replace the public housing operating subsidy. There is no expectation to relocate residents or complete any demolition or disposition. More news to come later in 2015. See more information on the Resident Info tab, under Rental Assistance Demonstration.
- The Housing Commission receives HIGH PERFORMER AWARD for FY2015 under HUD’s Section Eight Management Assessment Program! Congratulations to the staff, owners and program recipients!