Welcome to the Housing Commission of Anne Arundel County
We are located in central Maryland just south of Baltimore and east of Washington, DC on the banks of the beautiful Chesapeake Bay! The Commission is dedicated to strengthening communities and improving the lives of Anne Arundel County citizens focusing on the ownership, management, sustainability and preservation of affordable housing.
Established in 1968, the Housing Commission continues over 45 years of affordable housing and related services to low and moderate income citizens of Anne Arundel County. The agency currently provides assistance to nearly 3,000 families throughout the county in effort to fulfill our mission to provide quality housing choices and affordable communities.
As you browse through our website, it is our hope that you will find all of the information educational and enlightening. Enjoy your visit and we look forward to helping you with your housing needs.
HOURS OF OPERATION:
ELIGIBILITY, PROPERTY MANAGEMENT, ADMINISTRATION:
Monday – Friday, 8 AM – 4:30 PM
HOUSING CHOICE VOUCHER OFFICES:
Monday,Tuesday,Thursday and Friday; 8 AM – 1 PM & 2 PM – 4:30 PM
Closed on Wednesday
- Please be advised – the Housing Commission’s office locations on Baltimore Annapolis Boulevard will experience a BGE scheduled power outage. Expect a possible interruption in Housing Commission phone service from Wednesday, November 12th at 3pm until Thursday, November 13th at 9am. Property management offices should be unaffected. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- IMPORTANT NEWS!! EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2014 THE HOUSING CHOICE VOUCHER WAITING LIST WILL CLOSE – NO NEW APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED THEREAFTER!!.
- The Board of Commissioners in December 2013 approved the submission of applications to convert the public housing communities to a more feasible affordable housing scenario, possibly using Low Income Housing Tax Credits, Private Financing and Project Based Rental Assistance. HUD has received the applications from HCAAC and we are currently in a “wait and see” period in the second tier of applications. Further updates on this process will be posted here.
- The Housing Commission receives a perfect score for FY2013 under HUD’s Section Eight Management Assessment Program! Congratulations to the staff, owners and program recipients!
- THE BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS WILL NOT MEET DURING THE MONTH OF OCTOBER PURSUANT TO THE APPROVED BY LAWS. THE BOARD WILL MEET ON THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 20 AT 8:30 AM ET. THIS MEETING WILL BE HELD AT 7477 BALTIMORE-ANNAPOLIS BLVD, 3RD FLOOR, GLEN BURNIE, MD 20161.
- Please be advised that there will be NO ISSUANCE of HOUSING CHOICE VOUCHERS until further notice. Due to federal budget cuts, there is a complete moratorium on the availability of vouchers. Should Congress finalize a budget with an increase in funding, vouchers may become available at that time. However, until such time, there are NO VOUCHER FUNDS available to lease new housing choice vouchers.