Welcome to the Housing Commission of Anne Arundel County…
We are located in central Maryland just south of Baltimore and east of Washington, DC on the banks of the beautiful Chesapeake Bay! The Commission is dedicated to strengthening communities and improving the lives of Anne Arundel County citizens focusing on the ownership, management, sustainability and preservation of affordable housing.
Established in 1968, the Housing Commission continues over 45 years of affordable housing and related services to low and moderate income citizens of Anne Arundel County. The agency currently provides assistance to nearly 3,000 families throughout the county in effort to fulfill our mission to provide quality housing choices and affordable communities.
As you browse through our website, it is our hope that you will find all of the information educational and enlightening. Enjoy your visit and we look forward to helping you with your housing needs.
***SPECIAL NOTICE TO OWNERS AND LANDLORDS REGARDING VOUCHER RENT PAYMENTS – 2015 – CLICK HERE***
HCAAC HOSTS SYMPOSIUM ON FAMILY SELF SUFFICIENCY PROGRAM!
The Housing Commission offers the Family Self-Sufficiency program to participants of the public housing and housing choice voucher programs. The program has many goals, but most importantly to help families find avenues and methods to improve education, enhance employment opportunities and provide related services to improve the vibrancy and economic health of the family. A symposium was held on August 11, 2015 to showcase the program and the many success stories! Thanks to all who attended the event.
For more information, please visit our
web page dedicated to the program.
HOURS OF OPERATION:
ELIGIBILITY, PROPERTY MANAGEMENT, ADMINISTRATION:
Monday – Friday, 8 AM – 4:30 PM
HOUSING CHOICE VOUCHER OFFICES:
Monday,Tuesday,Thursday and Friday; 8 AM – 1 PM & 2 PM – 4:30 PM
Closed on Wednesday
Main Contact Phone Number – 410-222-6200
- THE BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS WILL NEXT MEET ON THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 16, 2015 AT 8:30 AM ET. THIS MEETING WILL BE HELD AT 7477 BALTIMORE-ANNAPOLIS BLVD, 3RD FLOOR, GLEN BURNIE, MD 20161.
- RESIDENT COMMISSIONER POSITION AVAILABLE- The Board of Commissioners seeks interested public housing residents for a vacant seat on the Board of Commissioners. Responsibilities include establishing the mission, vision, goals and services of the agency; as well as oversight of the health and well-being of the programs and services. Interested residents should send email of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- IMPORTANT NEWS!!
->HOUSING COMMISSION AWARDED 15 VETERANS AFFAIRS SUPPORTIVE HOUSING (VASH) VOUCHERS BY HUD! This program is now in operation, referrals are made to HCAAC by the Veterans Affairs Office.
->EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2014 THE HOUSING CHOICE VOUCHER WAITING LIST CLOSED – NO NEW APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED THEREAFTER!!.
- The Board of Commissioners in December 2013 approved the submission of applications to convert the public housing communities to a more feasible affordable housing scenario, possibly using Low Income Housing Tax Credits, Private Financing and Project Based Rental Assistance. HUD has received the applications from HCAAC and we have received conditional approvals for Meade Village and Freetown Village. Official correspondence regarding all of the public housing communities is expected in February or March of 2015. The agency has tentatively planned to do substantial rehabilitation of the communities and will likely see project based rental assistance replace the public housing operating subsidy. There is no expectation to relocate residents or complete any demolition or disposition. More news to come later in 2015. See more information on the Resident Info tab, under Rental Assistance Demonstration.
- The Housing Commission receives a perfect score for FY2014 under HUD’s Section Eight Management Assessment Program! Congratulations to the staff, owners and program recipients!
- Please be advised that there will be NO ISSUANCE of HOUSING CHOICE VOUCHERS until further notice. Due to federal budget cuts, there is a complete moratorium on the availability of vouchers. Should Congress finalize a budget with an increase in funding, vouchers may become available at that time. However, until such time, there are NO VOUCHER FUNDS available to lease new housing choice vouchers.